Château de Malmaison
As part of its policy of safeguarding and protecting heritage, the Ministry of Culture has undertaken work on the roof and walls of the Château de Malmaison and its outbuildings.
- Restoration of the roof structure and roofing to their original state, in successive stages, according to historical sources, for better insulation of the museum's attic
- The restoration of the woodwork with the installation of double glazing and an anti-UV filter
- The restoration of the shutters
- Restoration of the facade coatings with the installation of a lime coating and the restitution of the modenatures and the false joints
- Restoration of sculpted elements (statues, buttresses and low-relief decorations)
- The restoration of the entrance tent
The work period is planned from the end of 2022 to 2025.
The operation is divided into three phases:
- The northern massif
- The southern massif
- The main building and the annexes of the castle
What are the impacts on the tour circuit?
Some of these works, such as the restoration of the façade rendering, will cause noise pollution.
They will also have a visual impact since wooden boxes will be installed in front of the woodwork.
THE CASTLE REMAINS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND WELCOMES YOUR VISIT TO SUPPORT THE PRESERVATION OF OUR HERITAGE