Following the terror attacks in Paris on friday, november 13, 2015 and to ensure the safety of our visitors, the museum is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities.
The museum is fully opened.
It is strongly recommanded not to bring suitcases and luggages to the museum. Only luggages not exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will be accepted.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and delay which may be caused by the extra security checks at the entrance.
The Malmaison museum is open every day except Tuesdays, December 25th and January 1st.
Last entry 45 min before closing time (30 min before lunchtime closure)
- From October 1st to March 31st
From 10am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.15pm, until 5.45pm on week-ends
The park is open from 10am to 6pm
- From April 1st to September 30th
From 10am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.45pm, until 6.15pm on week-ends
The park is open from 10am to 6.30pm
- From La Défense (metro, RER, SNCF, bus): take bus 258 to the "Le Château" stop (25 minutes). Cross the RN13 and turn back towards the crossroads. The château is 300m to the right.
- By road: RN 13 (12 km from Paris)
- Cars and motorcycles: free parking
- Coaches: parking Avenue du Château de Malmaison
- Full rate: €6.50
- Concession: €5 for non-EU residents aged 18-25, large families on presentation of valid proof of entitlement
- Groups: €5.50 per person for groups of 10 people or more
- Extra charge during temporary exhibition periods: €2
- Park only: €1.50
- Free admission: EU residents under 26, teachers with a Pass-Education card, disabled visitors and one accompanying person, job seekers and those on minimal allowances, and Amis de Malmaison members. Free admission for all visitors on the 1st Sunday of each month
Audio guide included in the ticket price (€2 for visitors eligible for free admission)
Advance purchase available :
Museum visiting conditions
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Backpacks must be worn in front or carried
- Umbrellas, pushchairs and helmets are not permitted
- Photographs are permitted without the use of flash, tripod or selfie-stick
A l'occasion de la nuit européenne des musées 2020, le château de Malmaison vous propose de (re)découvrir l'ouvrage de Christophe Pincemaille, attaché de conservation au château de Malmaison, Napoléon et la nuit, publié en 2019 aux éditions des Falaises.